1. You catch a bad cold.
2. You catch a bad cold and you’re pregnant, so you can’t take any medication to make it better.
3. You catch a bad cold, you’re pregnant, and you’re so busy this week at work that there’s absolutely no way you can take a sick day.
4. You catch a bad cold, you’re pregnant, you can’t take a sick day…. And when you show up at work, you discover that today is the company “FUN DAY!” Everyone is getting ready to load up in a shuttle bus to head over to Temecula to tour wineries and spend the day wine tasting! Yaaay! Followed by Mexican food! Double Yaaay! There are prizes and handouts! Triple Yaaaay! FUN DAY is the best!
5. You are one of only 2 employees in the entire office that doesn’t work for the company that’s hosting FUN DAY! (Seriously. Fun Day! That’s literally what it’s called.)
6. As it turns out, a couple of people cancelled so they have room! Come along! Come join in the happiness! Come ride on the FUN DAY bus, filled with happy faces, laughter and merriment!
7. You can’t. You’re so busy at work you can’t even take a sick day, remember?
I’m not sure what I did wrong with my life this week, but it must have been a doozy.